It's been a while yet again. The fall season was filled with me being out of town and away from home. So recently I have been catching up on everything. I am seeming to keep busy and productive although I was laid off from my job at The Savory Spoon due to the resturaunt closing for good.
However, I have exciting (recent) news:
- I applied for a grant through TSC for their "Dig It" Program which supports gardens in schools. This spring I will be building a garden at The Independant Education Program School in Anderson, CA. I will document the process and I plan to go to other schools in CA to show them the possibilities. I would love to contract out some freelance garden building work this Spring. Let the manifesting this begin with me stating that it will happen!
- I have been doing some networking for my art and the best always seems to happen organically. Like when I was at a funk show in San Fran and during set break I met some interesting people, who were interested in my artwork. Again, manifesting something happening here by reaching out to them and following through with the contact.
- I sold a painting in Redding! Which is a hard thing to do because there seems to not be much of an economy for supporting art.
- While in Tahoe City for Halloween weekend, I did some networking in Truckee and Tahoe- both places I would love to show artwork. A renound artist in Redding is connected in Ashville and Tahoe and told me I could drop his name when I get to the point of applying.
- When we get back from the holidays, I will be doing an Art Residency at Whiskeytown National Park here in Northern California. My two week stay will involve me residing in the artist cabin on site and working with plein air encasutics! I am starting to get all of my materials together for this. I know it is important as this will be my next body of work- a series of artwork I can apply for shows and galleries with.
_ Yesterday I attended an amazing oil painting class which I went to last year and have missed so badly. I did 2 paintings! Excited to go back next week and do 2 more!
*These are some of the more exciting things going on for me right now! Here is a painting I did on The Pit River this summer while Bob fished. It is finished and available!
Jessica R. Willis
Multipotentialite & Artist